Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 4

Day 4 

Snow is falling  and I had the afternoon free.   This pretty much never happens so I'm gleefully in the kitchen making a huge batch of granola.   I'm trying out Robin Mather's recipe for oil free granola. It's from The Feast Nearby, a beautiful book about eating locally, bartering and preserving on a budget.www.thefeastnearby.com 

To make the granola you dry roast the rolled oats in the oven and then dry roast the nuts whole and then grinding them after they cool.    Any seeds or dried fruits used should not be baked but instead added in after the oats are out of the oven .   I followed her recipe to the letter choosing vanilla and agave as my flavoring and sweetener.  The granola is delicately nutty in flavor and I will add cinnamon and nutmeg to the next batch.

Granola:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment